As a COACH, what will the Hoosier Co-Op do for me?
- One source one responsibility for your AAU Basketball requirements
- Allow for a more structured and organized program.
- Allows coaches the opportunity to participate in the AAU coaching experience, thus allowing for some resume experience and highlights.
- Allows the opportunity for the coaches to be paid for their commitment and services as well as travel expenses for tournaments, exposure events and AAU sanctioned events.
- Stops the stealing of players and early recruiting games played by coaches and players.
- Allows the coach the opportunity to field the best, most qualified, competitive teams by commitment and skill level of the players.
- Allows the Co-Op and coach to incorporate and match his/her time and commitment level with the teams’ commitment and skill level.
- Provides the coach with the most qualified professional appearance.
- Provides gym time coordination and locations.
- Co-Op will reserve tournaments, exposure events or AAU sanctioned events as it meets the needs or goals of your team.
- Co-Op will reserve hotels for you and your team for the tournaments, exposure events or AAU sanctioned events.
As a PARENT, what will the Hoosier Co-Op do for me?
- Give you the knowledge that your daughter will be placed on a team that is able to have all members who participate at practice and games on the weekends helping her achieve her highest goals within this sport.
- Co-Op will reserve tournaments, exposure events or AAU sanctioned events as it meets the needs or goals of your daughter’s team.
- Coaches’ and tournament fees as well as hotel reservations are included in the application entry fee.
- For the parent with a junior age daughter, your interests and goals will be different than an under 11 player just beginning in the AAU circuit. This will allow for parents to quantify how their money is spent, what events they are spending it on, and when and where they travel.
- Our goal is to select qualified coaches, preferably high school assistant coaches that would like to participate in the AAU coaching experience, thus allowing for some resume experience and highlights. These coaches will be paid to further increase their quality and commitment level.
- Events selected Exposure, Nike, Addidas shootouts and sanctioned AAU qualifier events will be selected with the goals of the team in mind i.e; a junior team looking to get a D1/D2/D3 scholarship will be playing at the more distinguished tournaments and suited for collegiate scouting opportunities located throughout the Midwest and Southern states requiring more travel. While a young U11 team just beginning the AAU circuit may only participate in local AAU events and tournaments in Indiana.
- What have you paid in past AAU years for events, team membership, uniforms and hotel fees?
- Did you get what you expected from your program?
- Did your program provide the best opportunities for your team to achieve their goals?
- Did you achieve your goals for yourself and your daughter?
- If it cost you in AAU years past over $2500 for event, team and hotel fees, was it worth it?
- If it cost you $2500 for (4) years but your daughter received a full/partial athletic scholarship to her choice college, would it have been worth the $10,000 spent to achieve that goal?
- Would you be interested in a program that provided such curriculum as the AAU Hoosier Co-Op as listed above?
- What do you think a program that provided such curriculum as the Hoosier Co-Op as listed above is worth with all the added benefits itwill provide for coaches, players and parents?
- Would you be willing to pay for a program that provided such curriculum as the Hoosier Co-Op as listed above?
- What would you expect to pay for a program that provided such curriculum as the AAU Hoosier Co-Op as listed above?
- If the cost for this new program was the same $2500 cost that you spend per year now, would you still be interested?
Our promise: If you work hard, you will get better!
If you have questions or comments call 317-663-0665 or email
As a coach with experience at all levels of play, I am often asked by parents what they can do to help their daughter get more play time, improve skill, and play at a higher level. In the past, I have farmed kids out to various AAU programs. For these select few the experience is very rewarding, but many kids with a high level of commitment simply do not get selected for the top team in the state. In this cooperative effort, we believe any committed player deserves a chance to develop skills, not just today’s top player. I am working with other cooperative coaches to develop a basketball program based in central Indiana to work in conjunction with your respective school, or club teams. The purpose is to give players that want additional practice and training, instruction, league, and tournament play that opportunity.
We love the word cooperative, because it is through cooperation with other area school systems, and AAU programs that are on board with our goals for player development. If for example, your school based travel team practices Tuesday and Thursday, your Co-Op team would offer you additional practice Monday and Wednesday. We will place you on a team that will consist of players with similar commitment levels. There are costs associated with creating this type of program, and a huge commitment of time. It is not for everyone! We are interested in those willing to do what it takes to meet their individual goals. We will outline a program tailored specifically for you.
Our promise: If you work hard, you will get better!
If you have questions or comments call 317-663-0665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What has been your past AAU experience? Any of these answers sound familiar?
- A hectic race to join and commit early to a program that may not fit your needs.
- Given high expectations of recruiting quality players and/or coaches only to be disappointed.
- Paid out your money without a schedule of events or scheduled practices or practice locations.
- No organizational qualities required to run an effective AAU program.
- No practices at all, or if you have practices only a fraction of team members participate.
- Team has 15 players on the roster with not enough game time to go around.
- Coaches or players promise to make the practice or game but never show up.
- Player never comes to practice but shows up at the games expecting to play.
- Not participating in the right events for your team.
- Not participating in qualified AAU sanctioned events.
- No quality collegiate scout coverage at tournaments.
- No collegiate exposure events.
- Your team qualified for nationals, only to find out your team isn’t going because__________?
- Poor or unqualified coaching staff.
- Poor or no facilities to practice.
- We may not resolve all, or even any of these concerns. We are however, very aware of them, and do our best daily to overcome them!
As a PLAYER, what will the Hoosier Co-Op do for me?
- Allow you to be involved in the largest, best organized girls program in the state.
- Help you attain your desired goals through high level impact basketball.
- No more head games by coaches and running around trying to land on a team.
- Offer you single source to meet your off season basketball goals.
- Ability to be matched up based on personal level of commitment and skill level.
- Provide you with qualified coaching, and direction with experience at the highest level.
- Quality professional appearance and organizational skills.
- Qualified and knowledgeable staff to help locate the most advantageous tournaments for your team to participate in, with your teams goals in mind.
- Increase your practice productivity, and game time for peak performance.
- Satisfaction of team size and play time availability; no oversized teams.
- Once evaluated you will have a schedule of all practice times and game locations.
- As your commitment and skill levels increase you will have the opportunity to grow and migrate to other teams within the Co-Op that have the same commitment and skill levels.
- Allows a player whose team may not have qualified for Nationals to be picked up on another Co-Op team that has qualified but has had injuries or such.
- Allows for quality practice time by having enough players to practice, scrimmage and participate in drills.
- Allows for quality games by having the right number of players so everyone develops.
- Allows you to promote your talent and commitment for the game at a higher level.
- To promote and focus that talent and commitment to the collegiate recruiting personnel of your choice.
- To give you the greatest opportunity to achieve your goals i.e; D1/D2/D3 candidate or a full scholarship at a D1/D2/D3 NAIA school – the choice is yours.
- At the end of the regular school basketball season you will be notified of upcoming tryouts either by your high school coach or by email.